Homemade Pregnancy Test with Toothpaste – Pregnancy tests normally check for the presence of HCG a pregnancy hormone. You will need plain white toothpaste for this test. Gel toothpaste and the pastes with colored stripes or grains won’t give effective results.
How to use toothpaste for a pregnancy test?
- Take a small amount of white toothpaste in a bowl.
- Add equal (or slightly less) amount of collected urine to the toothpaste.
- If the toothpaste turns blue or becomes frothy then it means the test result is positive.
- If there is no color change and no forth on the paste then the result is likely negative.
Points to remember for toothpaste pregnancy test
It’s been clearly observed that whether you use a homemade pregnancy test method or a store brought pregnancy test strip, both have error of margin. So homemade toothpaste and Urine pregnancy test is also not an exception to this and it has also reason to produce inaccurate or false result.
- There is no clear cut guideline about the quantity of Urine and toothpaste to be used to perform this test.
- It is a bit difficult to interpret the result (bluish color or sky blue or some other shade of blue) but after trying 2-3 times you can interpret it easily.
- There is no set timeline after which you can get result.